My first post on the new site!
I will be making some posts about how I put it all together and some other cool tips on setting stuff up. Along with any other techy stuff that takes my fancy. The basic break down is:
- Site generator is Hugo.
- The Theme I went with is Dream-Plus
- AWS S3 is hosting the static site
- Cloudflare free tier is doing CDN for me at the front end keeping costs down
- I used AWS R53 to register the domain but CloudFlare as my name servers, free name servers are awesome.
- Cloudflare gives out free SSL
- Google gives out free analytics, also CloudFlare has great stats
So all in all my yearly bill for the entire site is roughly
- $11 for domain registration
- $5 for hosting in S3
I host a few sites in S3 and my monthly AWS Bill is $0.80 They are not high traffic sites, the cost would go up with more traffic, but only once I passed the S3 free tier.
All in all, it’s a really easy and cheap way, to get a site onto the internet with a little know-how.
Well, first post done! Thanks for reading.